Tuesday, February 9, 2010

Naomi: Fashion Juggernaut


I've always loved Naomi Campbell. I basically grew up always knowing who she was. My mom told me one day that she felt as if she could "relate" to Naomi. I found that a bit awkward because she was just a household name, but I let the questions slide. Naomi's of Jamaican descent, so is my family and I. You always root for the celebrity who resonates most closely with your own culture. The icing on the cake, however, is the fact that both Naomi and my mother were born in England. To her, they could basically be sisters!


When I recently read that Naomi Campbell was creating a fashion show at the Bryant Park tents to help raise funds for the people of Haiti, I immediately let mother know. She was going to buy her own ticket to the show, but instead, she donated a very ample amount to her favorite charity in Palm Beach.

It is a genius idea to break down the barriers of celebrity and exclusivity, and open the Bryant Park tents to a clientele that is both interested in Fashion and more than willing to donate for a good cause. The fashion show will take place on February 12th at 7:30pm. I'm happy to see Naomi spearheading this charity event, and am also delighted that so many other individuals have used their celebrity status to help raise funds for a Haiti.




I myself have made donations to the people of Haiti. Here are a few websites where you can make a small, or a large.... donation.

www.Worldvision.org/Haiti
www.SamaritansPurse.org/Haiti
www.SavetheChildren.org/donate
http://www.ticketmaster.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment