Thursday, January 28, 2010

COUTURE SPRING2010 UPDATE



Armani Prive


So now that all of the Couture shows are over, I've decided which one I like the most. The decision was really difficult. I LOVED Givenchy, and I could imagine little superstarlits running wild on the red carpet in Elie Saab's gowns. My favorite piece in Ricardo Ticsi's collection was definitely the long gown that Isabeli Fontana was wearing. It looked as if it came right out of a scene from Bram Stoker's Dracula. Amazing.


Isabeli Fontana in Givenchy


Givenchy by Riccardo Tisci





Chanel by Karl Lagerfeld

Chanel was outstanding as always. The collection was very representative of late 19th century Paris. I love the way Karl Lagerfeld incorporated jewelry into the clothing. Some dresses were hanging from the necklaces that the models were wearing! The chiffon frills were hands down the most spectacular though. They seemed to magically float around the models' bodies. Flawless in every sense.

Elie Saab




Decision time. All of the collections were impeccable. My favorite though, was Armani Prive. Just an outstanding collection. The imagination, mysticism and romance of it all, is almost too much to handle.



*all photos courtesy of Style.com

No comments:

Post a Comment