Tuesday, January 26, 2010

COUTURE SPRING2010



Armani Prive


I'm so happy that this seasons couture shows have finally started. I'll be giving two updates on the shows and possibly the overall winner for the most inventive collection of the season.

I love that in fashion, the couture shows form the base for the ready-to-wear collections. It gives me the opportunity to think ahead and imagine what new trends might form, and to look at fashion as a true art, rather than just the production of good-looking clothes.

At Armani Prive, it was all about the broad-shouldered blazer. I absolutely adore them. The crescent moon pin detailing and the crescent curvature of the skirts are fantastic! The collection didn't really need to look couture, to be couture, because the fine detailing and the quality of the fabrics are clearly evident.



Dior


Christian Dior SS10 Couture collection was not as unique as I would have expected. The models were clad in equestrian gear- the kind you'd find at a couture show, not in the stable- but nonetheless, still equestrian. The gowns closer to the end of the collection were magnificently sewn, but didn't seem to wow me as much as past collections had.

So far, those are the frontrunners of the season. I'm looking forward to Givenchy, Valentino and Lacroix!






No comments:

Post a Comment